Terms and Conditions of Booking
1.Advertising and exhibition space at the International Medieval Congress 2020 (IMC 2020) is reserved by payment in advance. Your reservation is not confirmed until payment has been received in full by the IMC. If payment in full is not received by the IMC, then we may re-allocate your space to another customer. In that case, an administration charge of £50.00 will be payable and will be deducted from any refunds of part payments already made.
2. All cancellations must be made in writing and are subject to an administration charge of £50.00 + VAT.
3. Cancellations of reservations for Exhibition Space or for Inserts in the Registration Packs received by 5 April 2020 will secure a refund of 80% of the total paid. Cancellations received between 6 April 2020 and 11 May 2020 will secure a refund of 50% of the total paid. There will be no refund for cancellations made after 11 May 2020.
4. Cancellations for Advertising in the IMC 2020 Programme received by 29 November 2019 will secure a refund of 50% of the total paid. There will be no refund for cancellations made after 29 November 2019.
5. Cancellations for Inserts in the IMC 2020 Programme Mailout received by 29 November 2019 will secure a refund of 50% of the total paid. There will be no refund for cancellations made after 29 November 2019.
6. Cancellations for Inserts in the IMC 2020 Registration Packs received by 11 May 2020 will secure a refund of 50% of the total paid. There will be no refund for cancellations made after 11 May 2020.
7. All bookings are subject to the availability of space. Within 30 days of receiving your order we will send an invoice which is confirmation of acceptance of your order. The invoice must be paid within 30 days in order to guarantee your reservation. If booked online, you will receive automatic confirmation of payment for your order. The availability of the items booked will then be confirmed by a member of the IMC team.
8. The IMC reserve the right to change the venue of the IMC or any part of any event to a reasonably suitable alternative should the need arise. In that event, the IMC will endeavour to provide customers with space at the new venue equivalent to that originally booked. In the event that the IMC are unable to accommodate customers in this way, any monies paid for this part will be refunded.
9. All exhibitors must register and wear exhibitor lanyards. This will provide the necessary access to conference events; failure to do so may result in refused entry. All attendees must agree to be bound by our Terms and Conditions and policiesincluding our Dignity and Mutual Respect policies as detailed at https://www.imc.leeds.ac.uk/registrations/terms/
10. Your booking of Exhibition Space is an acknowledgement and acceptance of the set-up and opening times of the IMC 2020 Bookfair as advertised in this booklet and in the IMC 2020 Programme. Exhibitors/booksellers/representatives must be present and their stands must be fully operational at all times during the published opening times of the IMC 2020 Bookfair. Exhibitors should not pack up prior to closing time on the final day. Contravention of this condition will result in loss of any traditional pitch in the following years.
11. The University of Leeds takes all reasonable precautions for the security of exhibitors and their property at the IMC 2020. However, no liability can be accepted for loss or damage, howsoever caused to person or property save for death or personal injury caused by our negligence. Similarly, we will not incur any liability to you if we are unable to provide any of the facilities set out in this booklet due to circumstances beyond our control including, but not limited to, reduction or failure of power supplies, student demonstration or sit-in, flooding, and accident. We will not be liable to you for any costs, claim, loss or damage arising out of any tortious act or omission, breach of contract or breach of statutory duty calculated by reference to loss of profits, income or sales.
12. The hiring of any Exhibition Space will be subject to any fire, safety, evacuation, and other regulations or procedure applicable to University buildings, and it will be your responsibility to acquaint yourself with such regulations and procedures.
13. All electrical equipment used at the University of Leeds must be maintained in a safe condition. The University recommends that all equipment is PAT or safety tested annually. We reserve the right to stop the use of any equipment that we deem to be unsafe.
14. Booking an electrical socket means that we guarantee sole access to a socket located near your exhibition space. Electrical sockets are guaranteed only for exhibitors who have pre-booked them. Sockets are provided by an external contractor and must be booked no later than four weeks prior to the Congress.
15. You will indemnify the IMC and the University of Leeds against any costs, claim, loss, or damage we may suffer or incur as a result of any alleged copyright infringement or breach of any other intellectual property rights arising out of publication of your copy in the IMC 2020 Programme or the display or reproduction of any works by you at the event itself.
16. Adverts should be sent electronically as high-quality (print resolution) PDF files, minimum resolution 600 dpi (no crop marks or bleed). Should this not be possible please contact the IMC as soon as possible. All adverts will be uploaded free of charge on the IMC website as a downloadable PDF file from February 2020 – 1 August 2020.
17. Completion of the Booking Form implies acceptance of these Terms and Conditions and any deadlines listed in this booklet. These may only be varied with our prior written authority.
18. Data provided by you will be processed in accordance with our Privacy Notice which can be read at https://www.imc.leeds.ac.uk/policies/privacy-notice/