Skip to main content

Proof of Status

When you register for the Student / Retired / Low-Waged / Unwaged Registration, or submit a bursary application as one of these categories, you will be asked to provide some proof of your status.

When registering online you will be taken to a file upload page, allowing you to submit your proof immediately. Alternatively, you can provide us with your proof of status by emailing

Owing to the difficulties and risks associated with acquiring physical copies of documents, for 2024 we are able to accept screenshots of official documentation. However, please note that we are unable to receive proof of status documents by post or by fax.

You only need to provide one proof of status, but you will need to submit it separately for the bursary application process and for registration.

Accepted Proofs of Status for students:

  • Student card scans / photos featuring an expiry date or have validity during the current academic year
  • Recently issued official university enrolment forms or certificates
  • Recently signed letters from academic departments on official headed paper

Accepted Proofs of Status for retired individuals:

  • Passport scan as proof of age (over the age of 65)
  • Recent letter from former employer stating the date of retirement
  • Official former employer or state documentation

Accepted Proofs of Status for unwaged individuals:

  • Official state documentation
  • Official documentation provided by work unions

Accepted Proofs of Status for individuals from low-waged countries:

  • Passport scan as proof of residency
  • Letter from employer on letter-headed paper indicating your location of work

For the purposes of IMC Registration, we use the World Bank list of low-income economies, as defined by the World Bank Atlas method.

Accepted Proof of Status for other low-waged individuals:

All other low-waged concession application will be assessed on a case-by-case basis. On registration you will be asked to provide a short statement as to why you feel you are eligible for a low-waged concession together with relevant Proof of Status such as:
  • Contract of employment
  • Recent wage slip
  • Recent tax documentation
  • Recent official state benefits documentation
  • Letter from your employer, stating your employment terms and salary
  • Other proof of current income