Registrations for the International Medieval Congress 2019 opened on Monday 18 February 2019. The deadline for initial registrations is Monday 13 May 2019 and after this date a late fee will be incurred.
The Registration Portal will launch for IMC 2020 in February 2020.
In the meantime, if you require a Visa for entry into the UK, or assistance with funding, we would advise you to start making enquiries now to be sure of securing the necessary documents and finances for your attendance at the IMC 2020. More information on visas can be found on our ‘Information for Delegates’ pages.
Instructions on How to Register
- Click the Register Now button above.
- Enter your email address and select whether you wish to book accommodation with your registration.
- Select the type of registration you wish to purchase.
- Enter your name, affiliation, and contact details.
- Use this section to let us know about any access or dietary requirements, accommodation notes, or anything else you would like to draw our attention to. You must agree to the IMC Registration Terms and Conditions before you can proceed.
- Select meals, disabled car parking, and make a donation to the bursary fund if you wish.
- Book any excursions, events, and workshops.
- Book your accommodation.
The online system will only show you accommodation options with available spaces. If you are unable to book all nights, the system also allows you to book additional accommodation if you have not been able to purchase enough nights in one location. We are unable to operate waiting lists for any of our accommodation options.
- Review your registration summary and select credit/debit card payment. Click the ‘make payment’ button to proceed.
- You will be taken to a new webpage called WPM which is the University of Leeds’ payment gateway, to complete your purchase. This is completely normal and as it should be.
- You should input your card details as normal into this page and click to continue until it says that your payment has been successfully completed.
The deadline for registrations will be 13 May 2019. After the deadline, you will need to pay a late fee which is automatically added to your registration fee. A discretionary late fee waiver is available to late replacement speakers registering prior to the registration deadline.
Registration will close one week before the IMC. We do not recommend registering in person at the IMC, which will incur a late fee of £50.00.
You can book and pay for your registration, accommodation, meals, events, and excursion tickets through the Online Store. Payments are made in GBP by Switch/Maestro, Visa or MasterCard.
When you have completed your purchase you will receive a confirmation email from the Online Store. We will then send you an itemised IMC receipt when we have processed your registration. During busy periods, this may take a few weeks.
If you want to order items separately, go to the Online Store and buy the items you want to add. We will add them to your record and send you a new receipt.
- Standard Full Four-Day Registration: £228.50
- Student / Unwaged / Retired Registration: £126.50
- Day Pass Monday-Wednesday: £132.00
- Day Pass Thursday: £122.00
If you cannot register through the Online Store or cannot pay by credit/debit card, you can download and complete a paper registration form. Please note this incurs an extra processing fee of £25.00.
You will need to provide payment in full with your registration form. Contact the IMC office by phone or fax with your card details, or contact us if you need to pay using a different method.
Registrations received before the standard registration deadline are subject to a 7-day cooling-off period. This means that for 7 days after you complete your payment, you can contact us to cancel and receive a full refund. After this period, the standard cancellation policy will apply. Please note there is no cooling off period for registrations received after the standard registration deadline.
If you are a bursary recipient you can either register online and receive a refund for the amount of your bursary, or contact the IMC for a paper registration form. You will not need to pay the non-online processing fee.
Methods of Payment
We accept payment by Switch/Maestro, Visa, Mastercard, and cheques in GBP, USD or EUR currencies.
Cheques should be made payable to ‘University of Leeds’, using the exchange rate provided on the registration form.
We cannot accept:
- Cheques in currencies other than GBP, USD or EUR;
- Travellers Cheques
- Postal Orders
- American Express cards
- Diners Club cards.
If you are only able to pay by invoice or bank transfer, please contact us before you register so we can send you instructions on how to make the payment. Processing your registration may be delayed if you do not contact us first.