Markets & Fairs
Medieval Craft Fair
Unique, handmade, and historically-inspired items to browse and buy, Wednesday 05 and Thursday 06 JulyFind out more
Second-Hand & Antiquarian Bookfair
Browse old, rare, and scholarly books in Leeds University Union Foyer, Sunday 02 to Tuesday 04 JulyFind out more
In addition to the IMC 2023 Bookfair and our events programme, a variety of smaller fairs and markets with more independent stores take place throughout the Congress where attendees and members of the public can meet independent traders, craftspeople, local historians and enthusiasts and find out about their important work locally, nationally, and globally.
Second-Hand and Antiquarian Bookfair
Leeds University Union Building Foyer
Sunday 02 July: 16.00-21.00, Monday 03 July: 08.30-19.00 & Tuesday 04 July, 08.00-17.00
Our exhibitions and fairs programme includes specialist booksellers, where independent stores showcase second-hand, rare, and scholarly books. The Second-Hand and Antiquarian Bookfair is also open to members of the public.
- Bennett and Kerr Books – Old, rare, and scholarly books on medieval studies, including Late Antiquity and Byzantium, early medieval English and Old Norse, manuscript studies, art, architecture, and archaeology.
- Donald Munro Books – Academic and antiquarian British and European history, archaeology, architecture, and ecclesiology. European vernacular and wooden framed buildings, and Scottish history specialisms.
- Salsus Books – Second-hand and rare books, particularly in the field of theology but also selling books on such diverse topics as beekeeping, tribal art, anthropology, Byzantine studies and medieval history.
- Matthew Butler Books – Medieval history, architectural history, and archaeology books.
- Unsworth’s Antiquarian Booksellers – Rare and scholarly books on the humanities, with an especially strong enthusiasm for the Middle Ages & Renaissance.
Medieval Craft Fair
Wednesday 05 July, 10.30-19.00 & Thursday 06 July, 10.30-18.00.
The craft fair showcases handmade items using and inspired by medieval craft techniques. Come and see the range of unique items on offer! The craft fair is an outdoor market, on University Square and the precinct outside Leeds University Union and the Refectory. The Medieval Craft Fair is also open to members of the public.
Confirmed Craft Fair Traders:
- Anachronalia – Specialises in stationery and book binding, both modern and inspired by medieval examples.
- FiftyEleven – Hand-tooled, lovingly crafted, historically-inspired woodwork and pyrography.
- Gemmeus – Handcrafted historical, classical, and revival jewellery, created in sterling silver, gold, and natural gemstones and pearls.
- Hudson Clay-Potter – Accurate reproduction pottery.
- Tanya Bentham / Opus Anglicanum – Medieval embroidery kits, greetings cards and tote bags.
- Pretender to the Throne – Home of limited edition historically inspired ceramics and textiles.
- Trinity Court Potteries – Pots of History – Producers of museum quality replica pottery.